Traditional style woodworking bench made using contemporary materials.
My Bench Course ... coming soon
Over the years I have encountered many bench designs. I have built a number of benches as well as teaching bench making courses. I have helped design students construct weird and wonderful projects and pondered the features I felt were either present or not present in the benches we were using. I have read many articles written on the subject and researched technologies and materials that I thought could be employed to achieve the features I was looking for in a workbench. With my wishlist of features in mind I designed MyBench.
In 2012 I presented a completely handmade prototype of MyBench at the Sydney Timber and Working with Wood Show. I received a lot of encouraging feedback from the woodworking community and continued to refine my design. MyBench is now produced using CNC technology with FSC (Forestry Stewardsip Council) certification premium exterior White Birch Ply. That means mybench is not subject to timber movement associated with solid timber making it stronger and more stable.
My Bench Features:
- Saves time - quick and easy to assemble.
- Stable - wide footprint, large legs, extra wide rails and stretchers combine to prevent wracking.
- Robust - extra large tenons provide excellent rigidity and strength.
- Customisation - height and length can be tailored to individual requirements.
- “Deadman” provides flexible support options for planing edges of panels and long boards.
- Premium materials - FSC Certified White Birch Plywood.
- Heavy - solid 75mm top ideal for absorbing forces exerted when using woodworking hand tools.
- Accessories - thick bench top ideal for use with a wide variety of hold downs, dogs and bench vices.
- 19mm / 3/4" dog holes suitable for all Veritas dogs and hold downs.
- Maximum clamping - no top rails front and back means you can clamp directly to the bench top.
- Durable - bench top can be refurbished using a hand plane or sander.
- Built in tool holder at rear of bench.
- Tested - rigorous product testing in our woodworking school over the past 3 years.
My Bench Dimensions: 1800mm (L) x 600mm (W) x 1000mm (H) - can be customised within this range