Traditional style woodworking bench made using contemporary materials.
Over the years I have encountered many bench designs. I have built a number of benches as well as teaching bench making courses. I have helped design students construct weird and wonderful projects and pondered the features I felt were either present or not present in the benches we were using. I have read many articles written on the subject and researched technologies and materials that I thought could be employed to achieve the features I was looking for in a workbench. With my wishlist of features in mind I designed MyBench.
In 2012 I presented a completely handmade prototype of MyBench at the Sydney Timber and Working with Wood Show. I received a lot of encouraging feedback from the woodworking community and continued to refine my design. MyBench is now produced using CNC technology and is available for sale.
My Bench Features:
- Saves time - quick and easy to assemble.
- Stable - wide footprint, large legs, extra wide rails and stretchers combine to prevent wracking.
- Robust - extra large tenons provide excellent rigidity and strength.
- Customisation - height and length can be tailored to individual requirements.
- “Deadman” provides flexible support options for planing edges of panels and long boards.
- Premium materials - FSC Certified White Birch Plywood.
- Heavy - solid 75mm top ideal for absorbing forces exerted when using woodworking hand tools.
- Accessories - thick bench top ideal for use with a wide variety of hold downs, dogs and bench vices.
- 19mm / 3/4" dog holes suitable for all Veritas dogs and hold downs.
- Maximum clamping - no top rails front and back means you can clamp directly to the bench top.
- Durable - bench top can be refurbished using a hand plane or sander.
- Built in tool holder at rear of bench.
- Tested - rigorous product testing in our woodworking school over the past 3 years.
My Bench Dimensions: 1800mm (L) x 600mm (W) x 1000mm (H)
Price: $2,995.00 ex gst
(does not include vise or delivery).
Orders taken. For further details.